Thursday, June 28, 2007

How would you log out for the last time

As WOW Insider spotlighted, another prolific WoW blogger at Paladins Suck has said goodbye to the game. He chose a picture with his character in front of Uther's statue.

One visitor said he quit in a crypt under Stormwind Cathedral. That got me to thinking how and where would I say that final goodbye?

The first time I "quit" I just logged out wherever I was. I didn't really have plans on coming back but I did (big surprise!). This time, if I ever do permanently quit (That time has to come eventually right?) I thought of doing it how I saw in one priest video (he eventually came back to the game too and I guess he removed he video) of traveling from (at the time end game) Ahn'Qiraj, returning back to his starter area (Deathknell), remove all the shiny epics, cross his arms over his chest and log out.

Yet, although I am a night elf, I've never really spent much time in Teldrassil enough to want to end my days there. I've always been fond of the landscapes in the game. I'll probably choose one as a backdrop, sit there and watch it until it fades away.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog so I tagged you in a little game. See the post at http://girliegeek.wordpress.com/2007/06/29/8-things-about-me-ive-been-tagged/ and participate if you'd like!!

Tauhid Chappell said...

Hmm..interesting...I think I would take off all my armor, wear simple gear, and go back to my home in Teldrassil. Id go there, sit in a chair, and tell about all my adventures to all the low levels who will be passing by.

I would tell them of my adventures through Azeroth and the Outlands. Once I'm done with my tale(A lengthy one I bet) I would wave farewell to everyone, kneel down as if in deep meditation, and disappear fom the world once and for all..

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Yane (Yet another night elf) said...

Yes,nicely said Excaliber.

After thinking mroe about it, I don't know if I'll want to leave the game alone or have a friend with me when I say goodbye.

Although I started this game solo, its because of friends I've made that I keep playing. So the idea of leaving it with a friend by my side probably seems more fitting.

David said...

My wife stripped her character naked, vendored all her soulbound gear, and mailed the entire remaining contents of her bank and inventory to my character.

She than /yelled something along the lines of "goodbye cruel world" and jumped off Aldor Rise.

Yane (Yet another night elf) said...

david,

that's certainly one way to do it...although I'm sure she died to Aldor rise more than once!

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog