Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another nail in the coffin

I realize I'll never be one of those players that just up and quit. It's going to be a gradual thing and I'll be able to blog about it. Just as I've blogged about whatever else I'm doing in WoW. I'm warning you up front it may sound depressing, because it does have me a little sad. But I'm going to quit apologizing for the tone of my blog, because it's just reflecting how I feel.

Most blogs you'll just notice someone isn't posting as much anymore. Some eventually post again to say they've quit the game and the blog. Or they've quit the game and their blog is going in a new direction. I imagine if (hopefully when!) I quit I'll quit the blog too. I won't be too sad about it though, because unlike Resto 4 Life I wasn't providing a community service about druid gear/skills/etc.

But back to the title of the post. I'm putting nails in the coffin that is WoW (don't think too deep about that metaphor). My recent nail was as I traveled extinguishing fires and honoring flames I thought to myself "I don't want to do this." I even was playing with a friend which is usually a lot of fun, and I was just going through the motions. I've logged of with a bit of it still left undone. This is coming from someone who in the past tried to get all of the seasonal events completed within the first few days.

I've actually logged on, found myself running around in circles a bit wondering what I want to do, realizing nothing in game, and logging off. It's not because there is nothing to do, its because all of a sudden nothing interests me.

I honestly am curious how this happened. How did I go from racing around the world doing quests for Loremaster to not being able to log on and stay logged in more than 5 minutes?

3 comments:

ninetytwo said...

Take a month off, and tell yourself when you come back to the game you're going to do something you've never done before, even if you hate it.

The time off can do wonders.

Verilazic said...

Heh, I got used to spending a sizable portion of my time running in circles in town ages ago. Like, in January or something. Thing is, I'd do that just to keep my fingers busy while I was talking to people constantly on vent and waiting for the bg queue to pop.

Buy WoW Account said...

I think you should take a considerable time off from the game. And when you start afresh again may be you will find some move which you never thought earlier.

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog