The reason why Keen's post (see my previous post) stood out to me is because I'm often guilty of finding ways to make what I'm doing in WoW fun, when it initially isn't.
It somehow reminded me of an old Simpsons episode where Bart and Principle Skinner had this exchange:
Principle Skinner: Oh, licking envelopes can be fun! All you have to do is make a game of it.
Bart: What kind of game?
Principle Skinner: Well, for example, you could see how many you could lick in an hour, then try to break that record.
Bart: Sounds like a pretty crappy game to me.
Principle Skinner: Yes, well... Get started.
- ► 2010 (86)
- A fun evening
- Once Bitten, Twice Shy?
- Second Time Around: World Events
- Looking in the wrong places
- How many people really are elitist jerks?
- Stopping yourself
- Amazing Aion?
- Why don't we all have 214,748 gold?
- Less is less
- In the dark
- Tier 10
- And Aion...
- Pugs Revisited
- When WoW becomes casual for everyone
- Endgame betas
- No Aion update
- Death and Taxes and Loot disagreements
- ▼ October (20)
- ► 2008 (111)
- ► 2007 (101)