Thursday, August 26, 2010

Forcing me to rethink my level of contentment

I don't know how accurate this list is or what will remain for Cata's release, but here's an idea of what to expect:
Level Perk Effect
1 Fast Track (Rank 1) Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%.
2 Mount Up Increases speed while mounted by 5%. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas.
3 Mr. Popularity (Rank 1) Reputation gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 5%.
4 Cash Flow (Rank 1) Each time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 5% money is generated and deposited directly into your guild bank.
5 Fast Track (Rank 2) Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 10%.
6 Reinforce (Rank 1) Items take 5% less durability loss when you die.
7 Hasty Hearth Reduces the cooldown on your Hearthstone by 15 minutes.
8 Reinforce (Rank 2) Items take 10% less durability loss when you die.
9 Chug-A-Lug (Rank 1) The duration of buffs from all guild cauldrons and feasts is increased by 50%.
10 Mobile Banking Summons your guild bank.
11 Mr. Popularity (Rank 1) Reputation gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 10%.
12 Honorable Mention (Rank 1) Increases Honor points gained by 5%.
13 Working Overtime Increases the chance to gain a skill increase on tradeskills by 10%.
14 The Quick and the Dead Increases health and mana gained when resurrected by a guild member by 50% and increases movement speed while dead by 100%. Does not function in combat or while in a Battleground or Arena.
15 Cash Flow (Rank 2) Each time you loot money from an enemy, an extra 10% money is generated and deposited directly into your guild bank.
16 G-Mail In-game mail sent between guild members now arrives instantly.
17 Everyone's A Hero (Rank 1) Increases Heroism points gained by 5%.
18 Honorable Mention (Rank 2) Increases Honor points gained by 10%.
19 Happy Hour Increases the number of flasks gained from using a flask cauldron by 100%.
20 Have Group, Will Travel Summons all raid or party members to the caster's current location.
21 Chug-A-Lug (Rank 2) The duration of buffs from all guild cauldrons and feasts is increased by 100%.
22 Bountiful Bags Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.
23 Bartering Reduces the price of items from all vendors by 5%.
24 (Spell #83954) (Rank 2) Increases Heroism points gained by 10%.
25 Mass Resurrection (Rank 1) Brings all dead party and raid members back to life with 35 health and 35 mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.

We are legendary isn't listed, but if you have all of the available legendarys (and enough rep with your guild and enough gold) you can purchase an really nice mount (aren't they all?)

Of course this, and recent events in my guild, have forced me to think about am I really happy with my guild and do I want to stay with them? I'm not ecstatic about where I am now but I'm sticking around out of my own apathy. Our guild leadership has been almost nil over the summer.

This made me wonder what is expected of guild leadership? I've never cared to find out before because whatever is expected is more than I could personally muster the strength to do (which is also why I usally cut guild leaders a lot of slack). I found a wealth of information in the Guild Relations forum. Skimming through it I see:
Distribution of information (lacking big time in our guild)
Sense of community (our guild is spread out over other guilds so not really)
Recruitment (I don't think anyone does this other than "my uncle wants to play with us can he?")
Website (we have a website but it is hardly used) and within the website - forum (not used to the extent other guild use them), calendars (a chipmunk could plan our calendar) guild news (blank), dkp database (haven't seen one in months).
Real world costs (now here is where I assume someone is paying for everything and I have to admit I haven't donated).
Time We have multiple people who "lead" our guild, RL friends, I get the feeling they don't have time lately but once again it's been summer, etc. so I understand why. But to be honest I don't know the real reasons.

Before I go any further let me revisit those items pre-summer, when things appeared to be going okay: Distribution of info still lacked, sense of community still lacked but not really guild's fault I guess, recruitment was still bad, website was worse than it is now, I assume someone paid for vent and website since it was always up and our guild leadership was more active.

So looking back, things weren't all that great back then either, but since summertime attrition hadn't bitten us we were oblivious to the lack of leadership.

I'm a casual player maybe that means as a result I'm at home with a casual guild with casual leadership. But just like a pug that has any hope to succeed, at least someone has to be on the ball.

0 comments:

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog