Monday, August 16, 2010

Making Healing Harder?

I just finished reading a blog post about Cataclysm healing.

It sounds like heals are healing for less and as a result mana is at a premium. The blogger suggests dps helping healers out by moving out of fire.

If only it was this easy.

I'm a pessimist. Here comes my doom predictions:

I think dps is going to be irritated. Just recently someone in my raid commented on the days of old where hunters and rogues were expected to bandage. Are we going to go back to those days? It's been a long time since I heard dps complain they didn't get healed and I haven't missed those complaints one bit.

I think raids are going to bring even more healers to compensate. Healers are still hard to find, our recent raid consisted of dps using their heal specs. This also means, unless pure dps have some insane kind of unique buffs, more hybrids being courted. More demand for healers usually results in healer burnout.

I think more of a burden of success will fall on healers. Whether or not dps can avoid damage, healers will be expected to make up for the slack.

So yeah, they are going to make healing harder, but I don't think this is what they meant by it.

0 comments:

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog