Friday, September 17, 2010

Winding down

I can't imagine there is much interest in reading a blog about quitting WoW. But that's what this is now. I've never wanted to be the blogger who just up and disappeared (unless they got kidnapped!) so I hope you don't mind as I continue blogging until finally my last twinkling star of interest in the game burns out.

I'm still surprised by how quick I disengaged this time around, when before it had usually been a struggle. Yes I realize still blogging about WoW and reading other WoW blogs isn't exactly "disengaging" but outside of vacations and the like, this just might be the longest I've gone without playing by choice.

Even as I try to check out my blogroll I find myself disinterested in what I find. This isn't because of the writing (I always enjoy reading my fellow bloggers!) but instead its almost like reading about a game you've never heard of but doesn't sound all that much fun. I don't care about the archaeology profession. And although a month or so ago I was worried about how hard healing would become in Cataclysm, I'm not going to purchase it, so it's no longer an issue I care about.

It's weird. I feel like the someone took a mind-eraser pen and flashed it in front of my eyes.

I recently found a blog about a death knight tank (who weilds the legendary shadowmourne) and I found his blog quite interesting (he's also pro at making gold). Enough so I added him to my blogroll and looked forward to his posts. At the time I found his blog I liked it so much I read through most of it. Now suddenly I can't bring myself to read the rest of his latest post because the words "experience" and "xp" and "spawn" and "loot" and "MMOs" come at me like a frightening, threatening tag cloud.

For some reason I thought I'd still enjoy reading WoW blogs and places like MMO Champion long after I quit playing but it doesn't look like that's going to be the case. :(

3 comments:

Down said...

i dont get it whats going on?

Yane (Yet another night elf) said...

Several weeks ago things occurred in my real life that caused me to make the decision to quit playing WoW for good.

I played on and off for almost 6 years. And I've been blogging about WoW for almost 4 years.

So I'm slowly saying goodbye to both.

Down said...

oh fair enough, completely understandable. i've actually only been browsing your blog for about a day, found it accidentally - trawled through it thoroughly, was a good read while I ate lunch and i noticed you had very little comments but so much to say.

thought i'd just stick my nose in a very 'hay guise wtf is goin on here' kind of way.

i'd have quit wow loooooong ago, but female undead are so pretty.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5583/wowscrnshot092310013241.jpg

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog