Friday, November 17, 2006

Exhalted

Through the magic of raiding (i.e. raiding all the time for hours, days, weeks, months) I've managed to hit exalted (or exhalted as the WoW forums say) with a few factions. You get nice rewards such as rare profession recipes, patterns, etc. and also some epic items.

Now that I'm cutting back on raiding (or intending to), I can't imagine I'll ever hit exalted with any other faction on this character or my alts. I just can't bring myself to do so. Since I've come to hate grinding of any kind its almost an affront to think I should do so!

Instead I'll admire from afar those who put the time in to own their own cross-faction mount, have their own furbolg protector, ride their own rare saber, strut around in GM gear or don a red pirate hat.

In the past, I actually thought I'd put in the time to do these type of things. Except for the GM part, anyone can do it by putting in some time here and there - given enough time. But just like I'm trying to put aside raiding, I can't justify that amount of time investment for the payoff. Exalted with the Hydraxian Waterlords will have to count for something, heh.

2 comments:

Tauhid Chappell said...

Gratz! I cant wait to get to exalted (with darnassius first)...probably will take year or 2...

Btw, love the blog, I read through some of your entries. I like the way how you have a "casual" perspective. Specially in your last post. I cant wait to do 20+man raid etc. But i do hear it burns people out..Thankfully..Im not 60 (yet) and im not in a raiding guild (at the moment) keep it up! :)

Cap'n John said...

The best way to reach Exalted with Darnassus is to start early.

Either get a teleport or summon to Darnassus, or run the Wetlands Gauntlet. You can also swim up the coast from Westfall to Menethil Harbor, only takes about 10 to 15 minutes and the risk of death is minimal.

Do this as low as you can, but lvl 5 is not still too low, and you will gain maximum Darnassus Rep for each quest. Start doing the Darnassus Rep quests at lvl 40 or 50 and it's almost pointless.

My Gnome Warlock hit Honored around lvl 15, at which point I returned to Westfall to do the Defias Quests there as my current Darnassus Quests were all red (or still silver exclamation points). Completing the Westfall quests for Stormwind Rep gave me 25% Darnassus Rep so I'm now around 1/4 of the way through Honored and yet to hit level 20. I'm hoping there's enough quests for me to hit Revered before 30.

Fortunately my Main is a Hunter so I'll get him farming for either Runecloth (or just farm the gold to buy the Runecloth) and hopefully my Gnome Warlock can start turning it in at 40.

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog