Friday, April 2, 2010

Death knight tanking

I cleared my first instance tanking on my death knight last evening. I don't feel like I really have a handle on it.

My health went up and down more often than on my paladin or warrior ever has. If that's how its supposed to be its going to take a lot of getting used to.

I'm a few levels higher than the instance I tanked so I thought my health wouldn't be an issue. I was more worried about keeping aggro on everything, and that definitely is something I'll need more practice with.

While I understand its way to soon to judge fairly, tanking on my death knight is my least favorite so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a paladin tank and a dk tank, and my dk has just a little better gear and he does take a lot more damage. 1 thing you need to learn to use are cooldowns when tanking as a dk because your health does go down fast since you cant block incoming damage.

also what spec are you with your knight? i really like frost tanking, ive used my 2nd spec into blood tank and i do less damage and it seams like im just standing there for the most part, where frost i seem to have more to do.

Yane (Yet another night elf) said...

I'm frost, although I've heard good things about blood.

I'll just have to keep trying until I get a better feel for it. I'm intimidated by it at the moment.

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog