Tobold commented about how players are scoffing at the Champions Online lifetime subscription offer.
I remember when Lord of the Rings Online offered a lifetime subscription. I don't remember why I didn't opt in. In the end, I didn't play long enough to cover a lifetime subscription cost.
Tobold says "Once bitten, twice shy" and I think he's correct. I think Warhammer Online had the biggest hype of all the games post WoW and I don't know if I even played longer than a month. Although I shrug it off, especially since I'm not much of a pvper, looking back on what I expected, Warhammer Online was a major let down for me. But since I didn't spend more than a month or so for it, the sting isn't lasting. Imagine if I'd paid a lifetime subscription? I'd probably try to force myself to play it just to get my money's worth. Ewwwwh.
- ► 2010 (86)
- Make up your mind, whydontcha?!?!
- It's the principle of the thing
- Makin' the rest of us trees look bad
- My previous Aion post...
- WoW's toehold
- Aion gets an A for Amazing!
- Champions Online open beta
- Once more with feeling
- CoX Cancelled
- Extended raid lockouts
- CO & ToC
- Additional instances cannot be launched
- Painting myself into a corner
- Opinion or review?
- What changes?
- Lifetime subscription - no thanks
- You don't *have* to do anything
- Visiting the World of Warcraft
- Double XP weekend
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2008 (111)
- ► 2007 (101)