Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Just hanging out

I decided to pvp with a group last night. We spent more time waiting for the group to fill up, then to get a match than actually pvping.

So while I was waiting I tried to find things to do in game. Mess around with enchanting? Chat? Clean out mailbox?

I couldn't really get into doing anything because I knew at a moment's notice I would be pulled into a match.

It felt like having a ball and chain attached to my ankle. Not much fun.

I tried to see if there was room in the raid. It is really weird - if they need you you'll get responses. If they don't need you - no one says anything. I've never understood why it is so hard to say "We're full".

So I ended up logging early, which is always a good thing. I wasn't feeling well anyway. And I had a lot of trouble sleeping (non-game related). So I'm tired this morning and still not feeling well. Ugh.

2 comments:

Cap'n John said...

I'm halfway through my Hunter Epic Quest but am not in the mood to make an attempt on either of the remaining two Demons any time soon. I respecced from BM/MM to MM/SV for the Epic Quest, but that really gimps me for Farming.

I'm friggin' lethal in PvP now, though ;)

I enjoy doing AV but with a 30 to 40 minute wait sometimes, what's a player to do?

My suggestion is to sign up for AV in Stormwind, then go solo-farm The Stockades. The Instance is right there, very accessible, and the mobs are spaced out and low enough level that a 60 has no trouble with even a couple of them. They also drop somewhat decent vendor trash so you can make some gold while you're waiting. Sometimes you'll even get some nice greens that fetch 50s or more on the AH. Not a lot of money but every bit counts.

But best of all, you can bail out at a moment's notice and not be letting anyone down.

Yane (Yet another night elf) said...

My druid friend had the best set up of all for pvp downtime. Druids have a hearth (?) in Moonglade, which is a hop, skip and jump away from Felwood and Winterspring. He would queue up for the BGs, then head to Felwood which has lots of nice herbs for the picking or killing satyrs for felcloth and money.

I hardly pvp anymore. I know people get tired of hearing it, but being a healing spec'd priest isn't that much fun in pvp. They always respond with "join a organized group" - which of course defeats the purpose of having something to do on my own time and under my own control.

Speaking of the hunter epic quest, I've heard so many people say the priest quest is easier - and from how it sounds I think this is true.

The priest quest really only involves 3 components - 1) a drop out of MC, 2) a farmed item and 3) a short quest that you can do yourself but can get help if needed. I had trouble doing it alone, but once I had a pally there it was trivial.

I wonder if I'd ever be able to do the hunter quest...I panic under pressure and I have to say my reflexes aren't very sharp.

About this blog

"I don't *need* to play. I can quit anytime I want!"

Search This Blog