There's an economic concept known as a positional good in which an object is only valued by the possessor because it's not possessed by others. The term was coined in 1976 by economist Fred Hirsch to replace the more colloquial, but less precise "neener-neener".
~Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory
- I need to regain my sanity
- Positional good
- In The Summertime
- Lord Ahune doesn't need a tank
- A salute to addons
- RealID - oh there you are!
- Saving us from ourselves
- Do the top guilds in the world do strict 10-man ra...
- Plans for Cata
- 10 or 25 or nothing?
- Some interesting things to read later
- Hindsight is 10/25
- The start of a new chapter
- We need you so much we don't want you
- I still don't get it
- And you tell two friends and you tell two friends
- I'm going to tape a four leaf clover to my headset
- Profession reflections
- ▼ June (18)
- ► 2009 (186)
- ► 2008 (111)
- ► 2007 (101)